FC Westfalia Scherlebeck 08/88
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

I type a full stop

Nach unten

I type a full stop Empty I type a full stop

Beitrag  cllkimmy Do Okt 13, 2011 10:08 am

I type a full stop, take a sip of coffee, and turn to the second page of the press release.

This is what I do,a team dvd by the way. I’m a journalist on a financial magazine. I’m paid to tell other people how to organize their money.

Of course, being a financial journalist is not the career I always wanted. No one who writes about personal finance ever meant to do it. People tell you they “fell into” personal finance. They’re lying. What they mean is they couldn’t get a job writing about anything more interesting. They mean they applied for jobs atThe Times andThe Express andMarie-Claire andVogue andGQ , and all they got back was “Piss off.”

So they started applying toMetalwork Monthly andCheese-makers Gazette andWhat Investment Plan ? And they were taken on as the crappiest editorial assistant possible on MacGyver dvd no money whatso-ever and were grateful. And they’ve stayed on writing about metal, or cheese, or savings, ever since—because that’s all they know. I myself started on the catchily titledPersonal Investment Periodical. I learned how to copy out a press release and nod at press conferences and ask questions that sounded as though I knew what I was talking about. After a year and a half—believe it or not—I was head-hunted toSuccessful Saving.

Of course, I still know nothing about finance. People at the bus stop know more about finance than me. Schoolchildren know more than me. I’ve been doing this job for three years now,Farscape dvd and I’m still expecting someone to catch me out.

cllkimmy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

Nach oben Nach unten