FC Westfalia Scherlebeck 08/88
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Power supply for 90 LED's

Nach unten

Power supply for 90 LED's  Empty Power supply for 90 LED's

Beitrag  xiang2011 Fr Aug 24, 2012 7:22 pm

This is not strictly Picaxe, but is a subject that is appropriate to picaxe designers. Please could one of you EE's advise me on the best way to power 90led

I am trying to build an animation studio for my son - basically a large open fronted box with a green screen at the rear and very regular lighting across the top - which is where a regular array of LED's is proposed.

Which is best - to power them directly from a regulated 3V supply or feed them with a regulated 5V supply but with a current limiting resistor on each LED. 90 LED's will be drawing just under 2 amps so I need a significant supply so I will probably limit the supply by dividing it into 3 sections.

I suspect the latter will be best as it will avoid taking out the whole circuit if one LED shorts out, but I wonder if there are any other considerations before I put pen to paper to design the circuit.

Thanks

xiang2011

Anzahl der Beiträge : 313

Nach oben Nach unten